LBCHP's goal is to prevent unnecessary disease, disability or premature death due to cancer of the breast and cervix in Louisianan women. To accomplish this goal, LBCHP provides quality, no-cost, breast and cervical cancer early detection services to un- or under-insured, low and moderate-income Louisianan women aged 40 or over. Special emphasis is given to reaching women who rarely or never receive screening services.
LBCHP is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) which is active in all 50 US states, as well as US territories and tribal organizations. NBCCEDP was established by the passage of Title XV of the Public Health Services Act,
known as "The Breast and Cervical Cancer Mortality Act of 1990" (Public Law 101-354), which created a program of grants to states for the detection and control of breast and cervical cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who do I call if I am having problems with my Medicaid or I want to apply for Medicaid?
2. If I was diagnosed with Breast or Cervical Cancer in another state through the Breast and Cervical Early Detection Program, can I continue my treatment in Louisiana?
3. Does LBCHP pay for treatment?
4. Do I qualify for Fast Track Medicaid if I am diagnosed with Breast or Cervical Cancer?
5. What if I am not diagnosed by an LBCHP Provider?
6. Who are the LBCHP providers?*
If you are a Louisiana Resident who is uninsured or under insured between the ages of 40 and 64, you can be screened at one of the following locations listed here. Or you can view a map of the providers.
*Women diagnosed for breast or cervical cancer at Lallie Kemp Medical Center, W O Moss Regional Medical Center and Bogalusa Medical Center qualify as fast track Medicaid patients.
Want to speak to us right now?
Useful Phone Numbers:
Louisiana Breast & Cervical Health Program
Contact Medicaid Services for inquiries about treament. The LBCHP only provides screening services.
American Cancer Society Walk, 2011.
Past News and Events: